Mount Kit for Echo Dot Gen 1, Gen 2, or Echo Input
This kit includes:
- Custom Ceiling/Wall Mount Bracket perfect for securely holding an Amazon Echo Input or Echo Dot (Gen 1 or Gen 2)
- Two grille cover options: Use the smaller grille to achieve an appearance similar to canned lighting with a modest trim; Use the larger "trimless" grille when you want the installation to disappear into your ceiling; (also looks great without any grille installed)
- 24V (0.5A) power supply, injector, and custom power/audio splitter with micro usb connector allows you to power the Echo Input or Dot (Gen 1, Gen 2) with lengths of Cat cable (Cat5e, Cat6, etc) up to 200 feet
PLEASE NOTE: THIS SOLUTION REQUIRES THAT YOU PLUG INTO THE 3.5MM AUDIO OUTPUT ON THE ECHO DEVICE. THE SPEAKER ON THE DOT WILL BE DISABLED AND YOU WILL ONLY HEAR THE AUDIO SIGNAL ON WHATEVER SYSTEM YOU PLUG INTO.
- Connect to a Whole House Audio system. Run a single Cat cable from your centralized system to every location in which you'd like to install an Echo device. Consider using the multi-channel amplifier DMA-1240ADS if you plan to install one or more Alexa devices, or a single stereo amplifier PLA-240ADS to amplify the speakers in those zones if you'd like the Echo device to automatically take priority over whatever source is currently playing within a zone.
- Connect to a stereo amplifier as part of a Hybrid Wireless system for independent zones that can be linked together wirelessly. Run a single Cat cable from your PLA-240ADS stereo amplifier to the location in which you'd like to install the Echo device.
- Connect to your home theater receiver or stereo receiver. The Echo device provides another source you can select on your receiver. Alexa and the streaming audio from the Echo device is then heard with the full power and acoustics of your existing speakers.