HDX-R80 High Definition In-Ceiling Speakers
NEW! The HDX-R80 is an upgraded replacement to our popular HD-R80 ceiling speakers. All X-series speakers include our new proprietary aesthetic design which offers the slimmest possible mounting profile and two distinct grille options that let you choose, before or after installation, which style looks best in your ceiling or wall.
The HDX-R80 includes upgraded components for rooms where sound is at a premium. In-ceiling speakers are not usually known for their low frequency response, but the large 8" aluminum woofer really delivers with controlled and solid bass. The aimable, anodized aluminum tweeter provides excellent clarity and detail and is hidden behind the grille for a professional, flush-mount appearance. The +/-3dB switches on both the tweeter and woofer offer acoustical control to compensate for speaker positioning and room anomalies. The speaker grilles and frame can be painted to match your decor.
|1 - 3||$199.00|
|4 - 9||$189.05|
Aluminum is an ideal material because it is lightweight and yet extremely rigid. A light cone means the speaker is fast which is important for accuracy and detail; the more rigid the cone membrane the less the cone warps during movement, again resulting in a more accurate performance. The tweeter is clear and bright without ever sounding harsh. The aluminum is anodized, adding strength, durability and improved protection from the elements.
Like all of the speakers in our HDX line, the HDX-R80 includes an aimable tweeter that is recessed behind the grille. This allows the highest, most directional frequencies to be aimed at the primary listening area while allowing the speaker to maintain its flush-mount appearance. Tone is controlled through separate +/-3dB switches for both the high and low frequencies. This feature (normally found only on more expensive speakers) allows you to customize the sound to your room and personal taste.
All of the speakers in our HDX line are suitable for use in high moisture areas, such as bathrooms with showers and outdoors as long as the speaker is installed where it is not hit directly by rain. In addition to the rust-proof aluminum woofer and tweeter, the moisture-resistant design includes stainless steel screws and coated crossover components. While the trimless grille is made of powder coated steel (and attaches with magnets built-in to the speaker frame), the press-fit grille is made of powder-coated aluminum and is what we typically recommend when placing the speaker in high moisture areas.
The speaker is easy to install and includes all mounting hardware, a template for cutting the hole, and an Owner's Manual with an installation guide and tips to ensure your speakers look and sound great for years to come. Both of the included grille options and the polymer frame can be painted to match your decor.
All HTD speakers include a 5-year warranty and 30-day no-risk guarantee.
- 8" treated aluminum cone with butyl rubber surround for long life
- 1" ferrofluid cooled anodized aluminum tweeter
- "Ball and Socket" pivoting tweeter can be aimed towards your listening area
- Power handling: 110 watts RMS; 165 watts program
- Frequency response: 40 Hz - 22 kHz
- Quick-turn "dog leg" brackets for easy installation (no rough-in kit required)
- Extremely low-profile design - two flush-mount grille options included with every speaker provide a clean, professional appearance
- +/- 3dB tweeter switch and +/- 3dB woofer switch allow you to fine tune each speaker to your room and personal taste
- Reinforced resonance-absorbing ABS polymer frame
- Moisture-resistant design includes stainless steel screws, coated crossover components, and a no-rust powder-coated aluminum grille
- Grilles and frame can be painted to match any decor
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 89dB
- Dimensions: 10-1/2" diameter x 4-1/4" depth
- Hole Cutout (diameter): 9-3/4" (template included with speakers)
- Minimum install depth: 4-3/8"; Maximum wall thickness: 1-1/4"
- Weight (per piece): 5 lbs