Sub 80-LP (Low Profile)
The key to the Sub 80-LP design is the 10” passive radiator used in conjunction with the active 8” woofer. Traditional sealed-cabinet designs may sound great, but they aren’t very efficient (especially with a smaller 8” driver) and require significantly more amplifier power. Ported cabinets can often play louder, but there are additional restrictions and compromises when designing around a very small cabinet. By using a passive radiator instead of an open tuned port, performance is increased without a corresponding increase in cabinet size.
The Sub 80-LP accomplishes this with a sturdy, sealed MDF cabinet, and the use of one active, long-throw 8" woofer plus a passive 10” woofer. The additional damping provided by this active/passive arrangement creates a much smoother response and minimizes over-excursion and distortion – a common problem when smaller, ported subwoofer designs are pushed beyond their limits.
The Sub 80-LP ships with our SDA-120 Subwoofer Amplifier which provides the ideal amount of power to support quality bass output, while remaining true to our “high quality audio at a reasonable price” mission.
The SDA-120 digital subwoofer amplifier was also carefully designed with features that allow the amplifier to be connected either directly to the LFE (subwoofer) output on your home theater receiver or "in-line" using the speaker cables already in place for existing speakers in a room. And with some pre-planning, it is possible to easily add this subwoofer into any zone of a whole-house audio system. Watch the video.
Please note that this design does not produce more output or lower frequency extension than our Level Two or Three Powered Subwoofers and is designed for moderate listening levels. While ideal for Bedrooms and Living/Great Rooms, the Sub 80-LP is not the ideal choice for a dedicated Home Theater or extremely large spaces. When you have the space, we will always recommend the Level Two or Level Three Powered Subwoofer. But when you need to hide it away, and only a low-profile cabinet will work - there's no better solution than the Sub 80-LP!
- Active 8" reinforced long-throw woofer with pulp cone and butyl rubber surround for long life
Passive 10" reinforced long-throw woofer with pulp cone and butyl rubber surround for long life
- Driver includes 1.5" voice coil with 6 layers of copper winding and 1 lb 5 oz ferrite magnet.
- Driver Impedance: 4 ohms
- Power handling: 100 watts RMS, 150 watts program
- Frequency response: 35 Hz - 200 Hz
- Sensitivity: 88dB
- 3/4" MDF wood cabinet with internal bracing, finished in a mid-gloss black lacquer
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 5.75" x 14.25" x 24.75"
- Weight (without amp): 24 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions (HxWxD): 30" x 19" x 10"
- Includes 120 Watt RMS High Efficiency Digital Amplifier with:
- - LFE (subwoofer) RCA-type Input
- - Speaker level inputs and outputs
- - Level Control
- - Phase Switch
- - Auto-on capability with dual color LED indicator (amber:stand-by; blue:on)