Stereo Volume Control - Rotary Type
Our high-power handling stereo volume control with a new low-profile knob has a tranformer-based design that allows you to connect multiple pairs of speakers to the same volume control, or each pair to its own volume control, while maintaining a safe impedance level for your receiver or amp.
|1 - 3||$29.00|
Our hi-end impedance matching stereo volume control is designed for attenuating the volume of one to eight pair of speakers connected to the same stereo amplifier.
A four position switch, located just behind the Decora-style wall plate, allows you to easily adjust the impedance in multiples of X1, X2, X4, and X8.
Most amplifiers are optimized for 8 ohm speakers but are stable down to 4 ohms. As you combine multiple speakers in parallel (+ to + and - to -) to the same amplifier, the impedance level drops. A properly planned impedance matching scheme utilizing these volume controls, will bring the impedance back up to a safe level for your amplifier.
- Control the volume in individual rooms or zones
- Transformer-based design allows you to connect multiple pairs of speakers to the same volume control, or each pair to its own volume control, while maintaining a safe impedance level for your receiver or amp.
- 75 watts RMS power handling, 300 watts program
- Attractive, low-profile knob
- 12 steps of attenuation: all the way counter-clockwise is completely off: all the way clockwise is completely open
- Improved connections for firmly holding up to 14 gauge cable
- Instructions for easy installation included.
- Price includes Decora-style wall plate and hardware
- Fits most plastic electrical boxes with at least 3 1/4" depth