Stereo Volume Control - Slide Type
Our Slide-Type hi-end impedance matching stereo volume control is designed for attenuating the volume of one to eight pair of speakers connected to the same stereo amplifier. The slider mechanism is detented with 12 steps of attenuation, thereby providing the cleanest pass-through of signal from amplifier to speakers.
Most amplifiers are optimized for 8 ohm speakers but are stable down to 4 ohms. As you combine multiple speakers in parallel (+ to + and - to -) to the same amplifier, the impedance level drops. By simply adjusting the location of two shorting bars located on the circuit board, the impedance can be adjusted in multiples of X1, X2, X4, and X8. A properly planned impedance matching scheme utilizing these volume controls, will bring the impedance back up to a safe level for your amplifier.
Download the Owner's Manual for diagrams and complete instructions.
- Control the volume in individual rooms or zones
- Transformer-based design allows you to connect multiple pairs of speakers to the same volume control, or each pair to its own volume control, while maintaining a safe impedance level for your receiver or amp.
- 75 watts RMS power handling, 300 watts program
- 12 steps of attenuation: all the way down is completely off: all the way up is completely open
- Improved connections for firmly holding up to 14 gauge cable
- Instructions for easy installation included.
- Price includes Decora? style wall plate and hardware
- Fits most plastic electrical boxes with at least 3 1/4" depth