MP-R65 Multi Purpose In-Ceiling Speakers
The MP-R65 is an ideal pair of speakers for entry level home theaters and for use in most mid-sized rooms (150-250 square feet) as part of a whole-house audio system. The 6.5" polypropylene woofer produces warm mid and low frequencies and the aimable soft silk dome tweeter produces smooth and clear highs. Polypropylene is used in many of today's better in-wall and in-ceiling speakers because it is lightweight, rigid, and cost-effective to produce. A light cone means the speaker is fast which is important for accuracy and detail; the more rigid the cone membrane the less the cone warps during movement, again resulting in a more accurate performance. Silk dome tweeters accurately reproduce the high frequencies and offer a smoother tone than other, less expensive fabric tweeters.
Like all of the speakers in our Multi Purpose line, the tweeter in the MP-R65 is positioned behind the grille and can be tilted in any direction up to 15 degrees off-axis. This allows the highest, most directional frequencies to be aimed at the primary listening area while allowing the speaker to maintain its professional flush-mount appearance.
Tone is controlled through a +/-3dB switch on the tweeter. This feature (normally found only on much more expensive speakers) allows you to customize the sound to your room and personal taste. It is also helpful when trying to "match" your in-wall speakers to other speakers in your surround sound system.
Our Multi Purpose line of speakers are easy to install and include all mounting hardware, a template for cutting the hole, and an Owner's Manual with an installation guide and tips to ensure your speakers look and sound great for years to come. The grille and frame can be painted to match your decor.
All HTD speakers include a 5-year warranty and 30-day no-risk guarantee.
- 6.5" polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround for long life
- .75" silk dome tweeter can be aimed at the listening area
- "Ball and Socket" tweeter can be aimed at listening area
- Power handling: 75 watts RMS, 90 watts program
- Frequency response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz
- Quick-turn "dog ear" brackets for easy installation (no rough-in kit required)
- Flush-mount grille and frame provides clean, professional appearance
- +/- 3dB tweeter switch helps fine tune the speaker to your room and personal taste
- Reinforced resonant-absorbing ABS polymer frame
- Moisture-resistant design includes powder-coated aluminum grille that will not rust
- Grille and frame can be painted to match any decor
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Dimension (diameter): 9 1/4"
- Hole Cutout (diameter): 8" template included with speakers
- Minimum install depth: 3"; Maximum wall thickness: 1 1/2"
- Weight (per piece): 3.5 lbs