MP-R50 Multi Purpose In-Ceiling Speakers
The MP-R50 is a perfect fit for small rooms. Just one pair easily fills a 150 square foot space with warm, enveloping sound. The aimable silk dome tweeter provides excellent clarity and is hidden behind the grille for a professional, flush-mount appearance. Use the +/-3dB switch to balance the high frequencies to your personal listening taste and to adjust for speaker positioning and room anomalies. Both the grille and frame can be painted to match your decor.
The final production of the MP-R50 has sold out. The MP-R50 has been replaced by the SDX-R50. Read more about this exciting new design.
The MP-R50 ideal for adding warm, clear background music in smaller rooms (up to 150 square feet). The 5.25" polypropylene woofer produces a warm, clean tone with surprisingly deep bass for its diminutive size. The .75" aimable soft silk dome tweeter blends perfectly with the woofer to provide smooth and clear highs. Polypropylene is used in many of today's better in-wall and in-ceiling speakers because it is lightweight, rigid, and cost-effective to produce. A light cone means the speaker is fast which is important for accuracy and detail; the more rigid the cone membrane the less the cone warps during movement, again resulting in a more accurate performance. Silk dome tweeters accurately reproduce the high frequencies and offer a smoother tone than other, less expensive fabric tweeters.
Like all of the speakers in our Multi Purpose line, the tweeter in the MP-R50 is positioned behind the grille and can be tilted in any direction up to 15 degrees off-axis. This allows the highest, most directional frequencies to be aimed at the primary listening area while allowing the speaker to maintain its professional flush-mount appearance.
Tone is controlled through a +/-3dB switch on the tweeter. This feature (normally found only on much more expensive speakers) allows you to customize the sound to your room and personal taste. It is also helpful when trying to "match" your in-wall speakers to other speakers in your surround sound system.
Our Multi Purpose line of speakers are easy to install and include all mounting hardware, a template for cutting the hole, and an Owner's Manual with an installation guide and tips to ensure your speakers look and sound great for years to come. The grille and frame can be painted to match your decor.
- 5.25" polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround for long life
- .75" silk dome tweeter can be aimed at the listening area
- "Ball and Socket" tweeter can be aimed at listening area
- Power handling: 60 watts RMS, 80 watts program
- Frequency response: 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Quick-turn "dog ear" brackets for easy installation (no rough-in kit required)
- Flush-mount grille and frame provides clean, professional appearance
- +/- 3dB tweeter switch helps fine tune the speaker to your room and personal taste
- Reinforced resonant-absorbing ABS polymer frame
- Moisture-resistant design includes powder-coated aluminum grille that will not rust
- Grille and frame can be painted to match any decor
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Dimension (diameter): 8 1/8"
- Hole Cutout (diameter): 6 7/8" template included with speakers
- Minimum install depth: 3"; Maximum wall thickness: 1 1/2"
- Weight (per piece): 3 lbs