SDX-R50 In-Ceiling Speakers
NEW! The SDX-R50 is an upgraded replacement to our MP-R50 ceiling speakers. All X-series speakers include our proprietary aesthetic design which offers the slimmest possible mounting profile and two distinct grille options that let you choose, before or after installation, which style looks best in your ceiling or wall.
The SDX-R50 is a nice fit for small to mid-size rooms. Just one pair fills a 100-250 square foot space with warm, enveloping sound. The aimable silk dome tweeter provides excellent clarity and is hidden behind the grille for a professional, flush-mount appearance. The speaker grilles and frame can be painted to match your decor.
|1 - 3||$79.00|
|4 - 9||$75.05|
The SDX-R50 is a great fit for entry level home theaters and for use in small to mid-sized rooms (100-200 square feet) as part of a whole-house audio system. The 5.25" polypropylene woofer produces warm mid and low frequencies and the aimable soft silk dome tweeter produces smooth and clear highs. Polypropylene is used in many of today's better in-wall and in-ceiling speakers because it is lightweight, rigid, and cost-effective to produce. A light cone means the speaker is fast which is important for accuracy and detail; the more rigid the cone membrane the less the cone warps during movement, again resulting in a more accurate performance. Silk dome tweeters accurately reproduce the high frequencies and offer a smoother tone than other, less expensive fabric tweeters.
Like all of the speakers in our SDX line, the tweeter is positioned behind the grille and can be tilted in any direction up to 15 degrees off-axis. This allows the highest, most directional frequencies to be aimed at the primary listening area while allowing the speaker to maintain its professional flush-mount appearance.
The speaker is easy to install and includes all mounting hardware, a template for cutting the hole, and an Owner's Manual with an installation guide and tips to ensure your speakers look and sound great for years to come. Both of the included grille options and the polymer frame can be painted to match your decor.
- 5.25" polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround for long life
- .75" silk dome tweeter
- "Ball and Socket" pivoting tweeter can be aimed towards your listening area
- Power handling: 60 watts RMS, 80 watts program
- Frequency response: 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Quick-turn "dog leg" brackets for easy installation (no rough-in kit required)
- Extremely low-profile design - two flush-mount grille options included with every speaker provide a clean, professional appearance
- Reinforced resonance-absorbing ABS polymer frame
- Moisture-resistant design includes a no-rust powder-coated aluminum grille
- Grilles and frame can be painted to match any decor
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 88dB
- Dimension (diameter): 6-7/8"
- Hole Cutout (diameter): 6-1/4" (template included with speakers)
- Minimum install depth: 3-1/4"; Maximum wall thickness: 1-1/4"
- Weight (per piece): 3 lbs