SDX-W80 In-Wall Speakers
The SDX-W80 is an upgraded replacement to our popular MP-W80 in-wall speakers (). All X-series speakers include our new proprietary aesthetic design which offers the slimmest possible mounting profile and two distinct grille options that let you choose, before or after installation, which style looks best in your ceiling or wall.
The SDX-W80 is designed for larger rooms (250 square feet or more), rooms with high ceilings, or simply rooms where more bass is preferred. The aimable silk dome tweeter provides excellent clarity and is hidden behind the grille for a professional, flush-mount appearance. Use the +/-3dB switch to balance the high frequencies to your personal listening taste and to adjust for speaker positioning and room anomalies. The speaker grilles and frame can be painted to match your decor.
|1 - 3||$149.00|
|4 - 9||$141.55|
The SDX-W80 is an ideal pair of speakers for adding warm, clear background music in large rooms (250 square feet and more). Bass frequencies are difficult to reproduce with in-wall speakers and bass notes are easily lost in large rooms. The SDX-W80 compensates for this with an 8" polypropylene woofer and over-sized magnet. The aimable soft silk dome tweeter blends seamlessly with the woofer to provide smooth and clear highs. Polypropylene is used in many of today's better in-wall and in-ceiling speaker cones because it is lightweight, rigid, and cost-effective to produce. A light cone means the speaker is fast which is important for accuracy and detail; the more rigid the cone membrane the less the cone warps during movement, again resulting in a more accurate performance. Silk dome tweeters accurately reproduce the high frequencies and offer a smoother tone than other, less expensive fabric tweeters.
Like all of the speakers in our SDX line, the tweeter is positioned behind the grille and can be tilted in any direction up to 15 degrees off-axis. This allows the highest, most directional frequencies to be aimed at the primary listening area while allowing the speaker to maintain its professional flush-mount appearance.
Tone is controlled through a +/-3dB switch on the tweeter. This feature allows you to customize the sound to your room and personal taste. It is also helpful when trying to "timbre match" your in-wall speakers to other speakers in your surround sound system.
The speaker is easy to install and includes all mounting hardware, a template for cutting the hole, and an Owner's Manual with an installation guide and tips to ensure your speakers look and sound great for years to come. Both of the included grille options and the polymer frame can be painted to match your decor.
- 8" polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround for long life
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- "Ball and Socket" pivoting tweeter can be aimed towards your listening area
- Power handling: 80 watts RMS, 100 watts program
- Frequency response: 55 Hz - 20 kHz
- Quick-turn "dog leg" brackets for easy installation (no rough-in kit required)
- Extremely low-profile design - two flush-mount grille options included with every speaker provide a clean, professional appearance
- +/- 3dB tweeter switch allows you to fine tune each speaker to your room and personal taste
- Reinforced resonance-absorbing ABS polymer frame
- Moisture-resistant design includes a no-rust powder-coated aluminum grille
- Grilles and frame can be painted to match any decor
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 13-3/4" x 10-5/8" x 3-3/4"
- Hole Cutout (HxW): 13" x 9-7/8" (template included with speakers)
- Minimum install depth: 3-7/8"; Maximum wall thickness: 1-1/4"
- Weight (per piece): 5 lbs