SDX-W80 In-Wall Speakers
The SDX-W80 is an ideal pair of speakers for adding warm, clear background music in large rooms (250 square feet and more). Bass frequencies are difficult to reproduce with in-wall speakers and bass notes are easily lost in large rooms. The SDX-W80 compensates for this with an 8" polypropylene woofer and over-sized magnet. The aimable soft silk dome tweeter blends seamlessly with the woofer to provide smooth and clear highs. Polypropylene is used in many of today's better in-wall and in-ceiling speaker cones because it is lightweight, rigid, and cost-effective to produce. A light cone means the speaker is fast which is important for accuracy and detail; the more rigid the cone membrane the less the cone warps during movement, again resulting in a more accurate performance. Silk dome tweeters accurately reproduce the high frequencies and offer a smoother tone than other, less expensive fabric tweeters.
Like all of the speakers in our SDX line, the tweeter is positioned behind the grille and can be tilted in any direction up to 15 degrees off-axis. This allows the highest, most directional frequencies to be aimed at the primary listening area while allowing the speaker to maintain its professional flush-mount appearance.
Tone is controlled through a +/-3dB switch on the tweeter. This feature allows you to customize the sound to your room and personal taste. It is also helpful when trying to "timbre match" your in-wall speakers to other speakers in your surround sound system.
The speaker is easy to install and includes all mounting hardware, a template for cutting the hole, and an Owner's Manual with an installation guide and tips to ensure your speakers look and sound great for years to come. Both of the included grille options and the polymer frame can be painted to match your decor.
All HTD speakers include a 5-year warranty and 30-day no-risk guarantee.
- 8" polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround for long life
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- "Ball and Socket" pivoting tweeter can be aimed towards your listening area
- Power handling: 80 watts RMS, 100 watts program
- Frequency response: 55 Hz - 20 kHz
- Quick-turn "dog leg" brackets for easy installation (no rough-in kit required)
- Extremely low-profile design - two flush-mount grille options included with every speaker provide a clean, professional appearance
- +/- 3dB tweeter switch allows you to fine tune each speaker to your room and personal taste
- Reinforced resonance-absorbing ABS polymer frame
- Moisture-resistant design includes a no-rust powder-coated aluminum grille
- Grilles and frame can be painted to match any decor
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 13-3/4" x 10-5/8" x 3-3/4"
- Hole Cutout (HxW): 13" x 9-7/8" (template included with speakers)
- Minimum install depth: 3-7/8"; Maximum wall thickness: 1-1/4"
- Weight (per piece): 5 lbs