MP-W80 Multi Purpose In-Wall Speakers
The MP-W80 is designed for larger rooms (250 square feet or more), rooms with high ceilings, or simply rooms where more bass is preferred. The aimable silk dome tweeter provides excellent clarity and is hidden behind the grille for a professional, flush-mount appearance.
Use the +/-3dB switch to balance the high frequencies to your personal listening taste and to adjust for speaker positioning and room anomalies. Both the grille and frame can be painted to match your decor.
Clearance. Was $99/pair. This model is being replaced by SDX-W80.
|1 - 3||$74.00|
|4 - 9||$70.30|
The MP-W80 is an ideal pair of speakers for adding warm, clear background music in large rooms (250 square feet and more). Bass frequencies are difficult to reproduce with in-wall speakers and bass notes are easily lost in large rooms. The MP-W80 compensates for this with an oversized 8" polypropylene woofer. The aimable soft silk dome tweeter blends seamlessly with the woofer to provide smooth and clear highs.
Polypropylene is used in many of today's better in-wall and in-ceiling speaker cones because it is lightweight, rigid, and cost-effective to produce. A light cone means the speaker is fast which is important for accuracy and detail; the more rigid the cone membrane the less the cone warps during movement, again resulting in a more accurate performance. Silk dome tweeters accurately reproduce the high frequencies and offer a smoother tone than other, less expensive fabric tweeters.
Like all of the speakers in our Multi Purpose line, the tweeter in the MP-W65 is positioned behind the grille and can be tilted in any direction up to 15 degrees off-axis. This allows the highest, most directional frequencies to be aimed at the primary listening area while allowing the speaker to maintain its professional flush-mount appearance.
Tone is controlled through a +/-3dB switch on the tweeter. This feature (normally found only on much more expensive speakers) allows you to customize the sound to your room and personal taste. It is also helpful when trying to "match" your in-wall speakers to other speakers in your surround sound system.
Our Multi Purpose line of speakers are easy to install and include all mounting hardware, a template for cutting the hole, and an Owner's Manual with an installation guide and tips to ensure your speakers look and sound great for years to come. The grille and frame can be painted to match your decor.
- 8" polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround for long life
- 1" silk dome tweeter can be aimed at the listening area
- "Ball and Socket" tweeter can be aimed at listening area
- Power handling: 80 watts RMS, 100 watts program
- Frequency response: 55 Hz - 20 kHz
- Quick-turn "dog ear" brackets for easy installation (no rough-in kit required)
- Flush-mount grille and frame provides clean, professional appearance
- +/- 3dB tweeter switch helps fine tune the speaker to your room and personal taste
- Reinforced resonant-absorbing ABS polymer frame
- Moisture-resistant design includes powder-coated aluminum grille that will not rust
- Grille and frame can be painted to match any decor
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 13 5/16" x 10" x 3 3/8"
- Hole Cutout (HxW): 12" x 8 3/4" template included with speakers
- Minimum install depth: 3 5/8"; Maximum wall thickness: 1 1/2"
- Weight (per piece): 5.5 lbs