SDX-S65 In-Ceiling Single Stereo Speaker
Sometimes you only have room for a single speaker. Unless your amplifier has the ability to sum the left and right channels (mono), you're stuck choosing between listening to the Right channel or Left channel of a stereo recording.
The SDX-S65 solves this dilemma. It is designed with a dual-voice coil woofer and two independent tweeters. Simply run cable as if you were connecting one pair of regular speakers (i.e. use a single 4-conductor cable or use two 2-conductor cables). The SDX-S65 includes two sets of binding posts for connecting both the left and right channel.
- Dual voice coil, 6.5" polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround for long life
- Two .75" silk dome tweeters (one for left channel; one for right channel)
- Power handling: 75 watts RMS, 90 watts program
- Frequency response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz
- Quick-turn "dog leg" brackets for easy installation (no rough-in kit required)
- Extremely low-profile design - two flush-mount grille options included with every speaker provide a clean, professional appearance
- +/- 3dB tweeter switch allows you to fine tune each speaker to your room and personal taste
- Reinforced resonance-absorbing ABS polymer frame
- Includes a powder-coated steel grille (magnetic attachment) plus a moisture resistant, powder-coated aluminum grille (press fit) that will not rust
- Grilles and frame can be painted to match any decor
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Dimension (diameter): 8-7/8" diameter x 3-5/8" depth
- Hole Cutout (diameter): 8" (template included with speakers)
- Minimum install depth: 3-3/4"; Maximum wall thickness: 1-1/4"
- Weight (per piece): 3.5 lbs