SDX-S65 In-Ceiling Single Stereo Speaker
The SDX-S65 is an upgraded replacement to our MP-S65 in-ceiling speaker. All X-series speakers include our new proprietary aesthetic design which offers the slimmest possible mounting profile and two distinct grille options that let you choose, before or after installation, which style looks best in your ceiling or wall.
The SDX-S65 allows you to hear both the left and right channels of a stereo recording through a single speaker. Utilizing a dual voice coil 6.5" polypropylene woofer and dual independent silk dome tweeters, the SDX-S65 is a great fit for small to mid-sized rooms where only one speaker is desired. Run your cable as if you were connecting a pair of speakers at this one location.
|1 - 3||$79.00|
|4 - 9||$75.05|
Sometimes you only have room for a single speaker. Unless your amplifier has the ability to sum the left and right channels (mono), you're stuck choosing between listening to the Right channel or Left channel of a stereo recording.
The SDX-S65 solves this dilemma. It is designed with a dual-voice coil woofer and two independent tweeters. Simply run cable as if you were connecting one pair of regular speakers (i.e. use a single 4-conductor cable or use two 2-conductor cables). The SDX-S65 includes two sets of binding posts for connecting both the left and right channel.
- Dual voice coil, 6.5" polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround for long life
- Two .75" silk dome tweeters (one for left channel; one for right channel)
- Power handling: 75 watts RMS, 90 watts program
- Frequency response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz
- Quick-turn "dog leg" brackets for easy installation (no rough-in kit required)
- Extremely low-profile design - two flush-mount grille options included with every speaker provide a clean, professional appearance
- +/- 3dB tweeter switch allows you to fine tune each speaker to your room and personal taste
- Reinforced resonance-absorbing ABS polymer frame
- Includes a powder-coated steel grille (magnetic attachment) plus a moisture resistant, powder-coated aluminum grille (press fit) that will not rust
- Grilles and frame can be painted to match any decor
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Dimension (diameter): 8-7/8" diameter x 3-5/8" depth
- Hole Cutout (diameter): 8" (template included with speakers)
- Minimum install depth: 3-3/4"; Maximum wall thickness: 1-1/4"
- Weight (per piece): 3.5 lbs