Hybrid Wireless Zone Kit for Echo Dot 3rd Gen
Hybrid Wireless Kit includes:
PLA-240ADS amplifier with Auto Detect and Switch (ADS)TM:
- Provides 40 watts X 2 into 8 ohms, or 70 watts X 2 into 4 ohms which means you can connect one or two pairs of 8 ohm speakers.
- ADS means Alexa's voice and audio streaming take priority over whatever second audio device you connect
- Use the auto-on feature to automatically power up the amplifier when an input source is detected and then return the amplifier to stand-by mode when no source is in use.
Mount Kit for Echo Dot 3rd Gen:
- Ceiling/Wall mount bracket that securely holds an Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen
- UL listed POE (long distance) power supply, power injector, and custom power/audio splitter with 12V barrel adapter
- Stereo 3.5mm audio adapter for the Echo device; stereo RCA audio adapter for the PLA-240ADS amplifier
- 2 grille cover options (one that reveals a modest trim similar to canned lighting; one "trimless" grille that covers the entire mount- same as our HDX and SDX speaker lines)
This item is currently sold out. New orders are expected to ship in early February, 2022.
|1 - 3||$259.00|
Pre-order, ships Feb 2022
Our innovative Hybrid Wireless Zone Kit provides all you need to custom install your Amazon Echo Dot, Generation 3 (sold separately at Amazon) into the ceiling or wall of any room and extend Alexa's audio output into our compact PLA-240ADS stereo amplifier. The PLA-240 includes ADS (Auto-Detect and Switch) which allows the amplifier to automatically switch between Alexa and any other audio source, giving Alexa priority.
Connect the Dot's audio signal into Input 1 on the PLA-240ADS and connect any other source with a variable analog output (TV, media player/streamer, gaming system, Zone output on a WHA system, etc.) into Input 2. Whenever you speak to Alexa or stream audio through the Dot, that signal takes over and is heard through your speakers.
The amp is compact and easily hides in your room - on a bookshelf, under a bed, behind the TV - and has enough power for one or two pairs of 8 ohm speakers.
Works great for one room, and even better when combined with multiple kits spread throughout your home. This is because multiple Echo Devices like the Dot can be grouped to play the same source at the same time.
Buy 4 or more Hybrid Wireless Zone Kits and get the 10-pair price on all of our in-ceiling, in-wall, and outdoor speakers for life (we will manually adjust your first order).
- 2 stereo RCA inputs; Input 1 is PRIMARY, Input 2 is SECONDARY
- 40 Watts per Channel at 8 ohms, both channels driven
- 70 Watts per Channel at 4 ohms, both channels driven
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) .07% at rated power
- Frequency response 10 Hz - 40 kHz (-3dB, 1 watt)
- Dimensions (HXWXD): 2 1/4" X 8 3/4" X 7 3/4" (please allow a minimum 1" of space behind amplifier for cables)
- Auto-on stand-by power: 5 watts
Unlike the Dot, the original Google Home Mini and updated Google Nest Mini do not include an audio output. It is possible to pair these with a Chromecast Audio and then connect the Chromecast Audio’s output into your home stereo, whole-house system, or amplifier. In this way, you can issue a “Hey Google” command to the Google Mini to stream music out of the Chromecast Audio. However, if you ask a simple question like “Hey Google, what’s the weather forecast?”, the answer will come out of the Google Mini, not the Chromecast Audio. Maybe at some point in the future Google will provide a software option to fix this, but until then we will continue to recommend the Dot.
Also- the original Google Home Mini uses a micro-USB power connector that requires 5V (1.8A). The power supply with our solution for the Echo Dot Gen 1&2 also uses 5V and will actually power the original Google Home Mini, but again without being able to transport the audio signal. The Google Nest Mini released in late 2019 requires a random 14V (1.1A) and thus can only be powered by its included power supply. FYI: The original Echo Dot Gen 1 & 2 is powered by 5V which is why it requires its own Hybrid Wireless solution.
No, this kit is only compatible with Dot 3rd Gen which requires 12 volts. We offer a similar solution for Dot Gen 1 and 2 and Echo Input which require 5 volts and different adapters.
The Amazon Echo Dot is extraordinarily stable compared to many devices that connect to your WiFi network. But should the Dot ever need to be power cycled, simply unplug the power supply from the wall, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.
You can adjust the output volume of the Dot using your voice ("Alexa, volume up", "Alexa, volume 8", etc.) or from within the Alexa app. There is also a volume knob on the amplifier, but it is intended to be "set and forget". That is, in most cases, you will set that knob to the maximum volume you'd ever want for your room. The volume you hear is then determined by the volume setting on either your Dot or the secondary source.
The device you connect to Input 2 on the amplifier must have its own analog variable output. You then use the volume control for that device to control its volume. Some examples: TV with analog out- use the remote control that came with the TV; media player or audio streamer- use the app for the device or the app for the service you are streaming.
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question, and we'll get back to you promptly.