Mount Kit for Amazon Echo Dot (Alexa)
New! Mount it. Power it. Hear it . . . through your stereo, home theater, or whole-house audio system.
Our innovative solution provides all you need to custom install your Amazon Echo Dot into the ceiling or wall of any room and extend Alexa's audio output into your own speakers. A single Cat cable carries both the power for the Dot and its audio signal back to your equipment over a distance up to 200 feet.
- Ceiling/Wall mount bracket with custom gasket that securely holds Amazon Echo Dot (version 1 and 2)
- 2 grille cover options (one with modest trim similar to canned lighting; one "trimless" grille that covers the entire mount)
- UL listed POE power supply, injector, and splitter with micro usb adapter
- Stereo 3.5mm audio balun for the Amazon Echo Dot; stereo RCA audio balun for your audio equipment
Currently Sold Out. Next Availability: June 26.
Pre-Order. Ships June 26.
This kit includes:
- Ceiling/Wall Mount Bracket with vinyl gasket perfect for securely holding an Amazon Echo Dot (either version 1 or version 2).
- Two grille cover options: Use the smaller grille to achieve an appearance similar to canned lighting with a modest trim; Use the larger "trimless" grille when you want the installation to disappear into your ceiling; (also looks great without any grille installed)
- POE (power over ethernet) power supply, injector, and splitter with micro usb connector allows you to power the Dot with both short and long lengths of Cat cable (Cat5e, Cat6, etc) up to 200 feet.
- Stereo Audio Balun adapters take advantage of the 4 wires in the Cat cable not being used by POE to cleanly transport the audio signal out of the Dot. Connect the audio output to your whole-house audio system, amplifier, or home audio receiver to hear Alexa's voice and audio stream over your own speakers.
- Connect to a Whole House Audio system. Run a single Cat cable from your centralized system to every location in which you'd like to install a Dot. Consider using an SZA-2A to amplify those zones if you'd like the Dot to automatically take priority over whatever source is currently playing in that zone (see next bullet point).
- Connect to the SZA-2A auto-source switching amplifier. This is an ideal match! Connect the audio signal into the Primary Input on the SZA-2A and connect any other source (TV, media player/streamer, CD/DVD player, Zone output on WHA system, etc.) into the secondary input. Whenever you speak to Alexa or stream audio through the Dot, that signal takes over and is what is heard through your speakers.
- Connect to your home theater receiver or stereo receiver. The Dot provides another source you can select on your receiver. The audio from the Dot is then heard with the full power and acoustics of your existing speakers.
Note: Works with a single Cat cable, but it is also possible to use 2 separate Cat cables when you need to plug the power supply into an electrical outlet at one location and have the audio routed to a different location. Example: power the Dot from an electrical outlet in your attic and send the audio signal to a LyncPad.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS SOLUTION REQUIRES THAT YOU PLUG INTO THE 3.5MM AUDIO OUTPUT ON THE AMAZON ECHO DOT. THE SPEAKER ON THE DOT WILL BE DISABLED AND YOU WILL ONLY HEAR THE AUDIO SIGNAL ON WHATEVER SYSTEM YOU PLUG INTO. IF YOU DO NOT PLUG INTO THE 3.5MM AUDIO OUTPUT ON THE DOT, THE SPEAKER ON THE DOT WILL BE ACTIVE AND WILL ONLY BE HEARD INSIDE YOUR WALL OR CEILING!
Unlike the Dot, the Google Home Mini does not include an audio output. It is possible to pair the Home Mini with a Chromecast Audio and then connect the Chromecast Audio’s output into your home stereo, whole-house system, or amplifier. In this way, you can issue a “Hey Google” command to the Home Mini to stream music out of the Chromecast Audio. However, if you ask a simple question like “Hey Google, what’s the weather forecast?”, the answer will come out of the Home Mini, not the Chromecast Audio. Maybe at some point in the future Google will provide a software option to fix this, but until then we will continue to recommend the Dot.
The Home Mini is also larger than the Dot and will not fit this particular bracket. If Google were to provide a patch that allows all of the audio output to stream through Chromecast or Bluetooth, we will likely create another bracket that works with it.
It's okay, but why would you? When you connect with Bluetooth, the music you stream from the Dot will come out of the speakers, but answers to questions you pose to Alexa ("Alexa, what is the score in the baseball game?"), will be heard on the Dot's speaker, not your main speakers. And because the Dot's speaker is now positioned inside your wall or ceiling, you won't hear it. With a wired solution, not only do you not have to worry about connection issues or Bluetooth drops, you get to hear everything Alexa has to offer through your main speakers.
The Amazon Echo Dot is extraordinarily stable compared to many devices that connect to your WiFi network. But should the Dot ever need to be power cycled, simply unplug the power supply from the wall, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.
You can adjust the output volume of the Dot using your voice ("Alexa, volume up", "Alexa, volume 8", etc.) or from within the Alexa app. Of course, you also have control over volume from the device in which the Dot is connected, such as your stereo, amplifier, or whole-house audio system.
Yes, this is possible, but you will need a slightly modified version of this Dot Kit along with a unique adapter cable that we will provide free of charge. You also must run TWO Cat cables instead of one. One Cat cable is run between an electrical outlet and the Dot for powering it; the other Cat cable is used to send the audio output of the Dot into the LyncPad using the 5-pin connector on the back. Do NOT order the Dot Kit that is available through our online store. Instead, you will need to phone in your order and specifically mention that you would like to connect the Dot to a LyncPad.
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question, and we'll get back to you promptly.